Chindamanee is a Cambridge Curriculum School in Bangkok
On a daily basis, we deliver academic enrichment in a family-oriented and loving atmosphere. Our hand-picked quality foreign and Thai teachers bring a kind-hearted presence to their classrooms while instilling scholarship and moral integrity.
We promote a sense of community between our students, parents, and teachers that compliment personal growth and learning. From managers to teachers and administrative staff, students are exposed to leadership that lights the path ahead. They are shown the right way and given tender loving care to follow this good direction in their day-to-day attention to studies. Our teachers have a global perspective that is encouraged in the thinking of our students.
Why Chindamanee ?
- Moral Values are important as Academic successes are.
- Chindamanee respects all religions, beliefs, and races. Students learn and live in harmony with all.
- Local wisdom and global perspectives are given at the same time.
- Every student is considered as unique therefore Chindamanee approaches the students according to his/her needs and talents.
- The observation and application of moral and ethical values.
- Strong “Student-Parent-School” relations.
Experience in Cambridge Program
- Chindamanee School Cambridge Program has a vast experience in English Program (Bilingual Education). One of the first bilingual schools in Thailand, Wichai Wittaya Bilingual School, Chiang Mai is a sister school.
- Chindamanee School Cambridge Program has three sister schools in Thailand and works under Baimai Phli Schools Systems.
- Success in national and international competitions.
- Success in National O-Net examinations.
- Success in Cambridge IGCSE exams.
- Gifted student studies in Primary and Secondary.
- Following students’ progress in periodic examinations and activities.
Continuity in Education
- Chindamanee is Cambridge Program School.
- Students’ progress has been following from Nursery (18 months) to Year 13 (18 years).
- Nursery, Kindergarten, Primary and Secondary Sections work as organs of a body. They are specialized in their works and they work as a one.
- Air-conditioned, Activeboard-equipped small-sized classrooms.
- Modern science and computer labs equipped with iMacs.
- Safe, outdoor playground/recreational facilities.
- A cafeteria serving healthy, nutritious meals.
- Busing/transport services.
- A comprehensive library.
- Basketball and football fields.
- A Swimming pool with an instructor.
- Music, craft and art rooms.
- Makerspace for students interested in Lazer cutting and wood crafts.
- Student development programs.
- Robotics room for our young engineers.
- Prepare students for National and International Olympiads.
Experience in Teaching
- Chindamanee team members are specialized in their fields.
- Experienced, qualified, and caring foreign and Thai instructors.
- There is a multi-national and multi-cultural teaching team; this is a unique chance for students to understand globalization.
- Comprehensive and broad curriculum covering the Thai Curriculum and International Curricula.
- Math- Science Stream is mainstream in Primary and Secondary Sections. According to students’ needs and abilities, CSCP follows other disciplines as well.
- Activity and Project-based learning give a chance to educate different abilities and talents.
How do we teach?
At Chindamanee School, according to the Cambridge Program, some subjects are taught only in Thai like Thai Language, Career, and Religion; some subjects are taught both in Thai and English such as Math and Science, and some of them are taught only in English, for example, Computer and Health. While teaching a topic in a second language, one of the most important components is establishing concrete ideas on students’ minds, according to this aim, we use activities, projects, new teaching strategies and connections of topics so students understand what they study clearly.
Math is an abstract subject so as Chindamanee School Cambridge Program teachers, we convert the abstract knowledge to concrete ideas by making activities, solving problems by using different ways, giving examples from daily life situations. In Kindergarten and Primary Sections, drawings and materials are used to construct mathematical thought. The activities taken from different books and internet sources are completed with students so students enjoy while learning. The word problems are chosen from daily-life situations which prevents students to think math separately from the life. In addition, the basic mathematical term of math and geometry are taught in this stage. In Secondary Section, students and teachers follow the same book that is determined by the school at the beginning of the semester, but teacher enriches the lessons by solving more problems taken from different books from different countries. This enables students to have a better understanding of the topic and look from different perspectives to the same topic. In the lesson, worksheets of the related topic are given as homework or review, so teacher can follow students’ learning at home. Moreover, there are Math projects given to tie up Math topics with daily life. Also, both primary and secondary section mathematical terms are given every week, and the learning is checked by the teacher. Likely, students are challenged by international competitions.
Science lessons in Kindergarten and Primary Sections are based on demonstration, group work and discovery learning. Teachers cover each topic by using at least one of the mentioned methods. In the lessons, the examples are either given by the teacher or collected by the students with the guidance of the teacher. For each level, group work is made which enables students to learn how to work cooperatively in an effective way. In Secondary Section, science teaching is project-based. In each term, teachers prepare a project schedule for each level and students submit their projects in the given time. Teachers teach the topic and students submits a project about the topic at the end, so students learn and use the science terms effectively. Also, by using project-based learning, students can apply the scientific facts and formulas to real life. Every year, there is a project competition named Science Fair, and students can join to this competition with their best project, to see their place in the school.
At Chindamanee School Cambridge Program, computer lessons start in Kindergarten. In Kindergarten and Primary Sections computer lessons are based on basic properties of computer usage. Each topic is taught by a game that includes the main idea of the topic. Teacher does not follow a fixed book, but teaches the topic computer based and by the help of worksheets. Drawings, coloring, and materials are used. Especially mouse and keyboard usage is taught. For secondary section, lessons are based on computer all the time. In the early stage, students learn to use Microsoft Office and later on they learn Computer Programming, Flash Animation and Photoshop. Students prepare projects individually and in groups. The exams are computer based, and each student has a final project at the end of each semester. Students are challenged by international competitions too.
Coordination between subjects taught in Thai and English (such as Math and Supplementary Math, Science and Supplementary Science).
At Chindamanee School Cambridge Program, Thailand Ministry of Education Curriculum and Cambridge Curriuculum is followed. For the subjects that are taught both in Thai and English, teachers work cooperatively. At the beginning of the semester, teachers who teach the same subjects in English and Thai (as Math teacher and Supplementary Math teacher) come together and prepare a syllabus for the semester based on the Thai curriculum. So, students learn the same topic in Thai and English, which prevents the confusion of topics and terms. Moreover, during the semester, every week, teachers who teach the same subject in Thai and English meet with the head of the section and discuss the topics, teaching procedure, students’ learning difficulties, exercises, exams and projects to construct a better understanding.